This time around just reading it without writing notes I feel different things will click. So far the experiment is working, I am learning things better and honestly the website is just better information than w3schools.
An explanation that stuck out to me was the explanation given to compare strings.
The algorithm to compare two strings is simple:
- Compare first characters of both strings.
- If the first one is greater(or less), then the first string is greater(or less) than the second. We’re done.
- Otherwise if first characters are equal, compare the second characters the same way.
- Repeat until the end of any string.
- If both strings ended simultaneously, then they are equal. Otherwise the longer string is greater.
This explanation gave me an abstraction in my head of slot machine spinning next to each other.